Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fresh Apple Cake (with sauce)

Recipe 3.

Fresh Apple Cake
(from the ladies at The Sisters Cafe)

4 cups peeled, diced apples (I used four small galas)
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup canola oil (I used vegetable oil, no biggie)
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (I used walnuts instead, loved it)


Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, stir together apples and sugar.  Add dry ingredients and stir well.  In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into apple mixture, blending until thoroughly moistened. Stir in pecans (or walnuts) Pour into greased 9x13, and bake for 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Serve with warm cream sauce.




Cream Sauce
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla

Place all ingredients in saucepan and stir.  Bring to a boil and cook on medium-high for a few minutes.  Drizzle over pieces of apple cake and serve warm!








 Bon appetit! This cake was delicious and beautiful.  I left my cake in the oven when I ran to pick up a friend (don't worry, I left a roommate home so I wasn't worried about burning down the apartment complex), but I overcooked it just a tad.  But this cake is indestructible! Even a little browned, it was DELICIOUS! Suggestion: Make this when you plan on serving the whole thing to everyone that day.  It was still good three days later, but nothing beats a FRESH apple cake.


Be careful where you leave your camera while you bake, or you'll upload little surprises like this:

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling (or I know from personal experience) that we will be getting more pictures like this--specifically boys--during this whole baking project. You are winning your way into their hearts through their stomach's.

    Did that comment make any sense?

    ReplyDelete