Monday, May 2, 2011

Graduation Cookies.

Recipe 19.

Graduation Cookies (from my roommate's friend, thanks Audrey!).

Alright, so I renamed them graduation cookies. The actual content of the cookies has nothing to do with graduation, BUT I had just received my cap and gown before I started baking. I was a little bit excited. I wore my graduation cap the whole time I made these cookies. Don't judge me; you would have done it too.

They are basically oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but they are GOOD. They are best warm out of the oven, so be prepared with either an empty stomach or a lot of friends.


The cookies were absolutely divine! Here's how you make'em:


Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream together shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs. Sift together the soda, powder, salt, and flour. Combine both mixtures. Stir in vanilla, oats, and chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. I HATE those stupid caps! I took mine off the second the commencement ceremony was over. I would have thrown it like a frisbee in Reed Arena if I had the courage. It's cute on you though! You are so distinguished and domestic. Those cookies look awesome, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this recipe through Pinterest. These cookies are amazing!! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete