Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Molten Chocolate Cake

Recipe 1.

We'll kick it off with Martha, of course. Just a little tweaked to my tasting.

Molten Chocolate Cake (or Lava Cake)
serves 6 (don't worry, I quadrupled it)

4 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream for serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter the muffin tins and evenly dust with sugar. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy and add eggs one at a time while beating.  Beat in flour and salt until combined and then beat in ALL the chocolate. Pour into tin.

Bake 8-10 minutes, let stand 10 minutes. Flip cakes over onto a baking sheet and then serve with powdered sugar dusted on top (or vanilla ice cream, woo!).


Seriously, this was my first shot at molten cake and they turned out PERFECT! Good enough to share with boys. Some of them are the very boys I'm sitting with right now, watching the BYU basketball game. SHOUT OUT! Feel important Brandon, Zane, and of course my roommate Kendra who lets me borrow ingredients all the time.

Seeing as it was the beginning of my Project Bake and I didn't know I would be documenting it, I forgot to take pictures!! Here is Martha's version:

1 comment: